Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Fabulous Run

The Kaiser Permanente Half Marathon is just 4 weeks away, so naturally it's time to really start upping my mileage. This will be my third half marathon and my first race of 2013. My goal is to PR and I think I have a chance. In December I posted my highest mileage ever and I've noticed my pace has been getting stronger, faster.

My plan for today was to run 9 miles. I got off to a late start as I could not get my new Garmin Forerunner 10 to find my location. After 20 minutes I gave up and decided to just us the MapMyRun app on my phone. I guess the frustration was a little fuel to my fire as I set a lot of unofficial PRs this morning!

Mile 1 was knocked out in 7:08! Probably wasn't too smart to start out a long distance run and post that kind of pace at the very beginning, but it didn't feel like I was actually going that fast.

I'm usually pretty happy when I get in 6.5 miles in the first hour - but I hit 6 miles at 51:27 - which meant it was possible to get in a 7th mile in my hour time frame. I made sure to make that happen and hit 7 miles at 1:00:16 - yay!

I was still feeling good about mile 8, so I decided I was going to make this a double digit run this morning, so I ran around the block a few extra times at the end so I could hit 10 miles. I finished 10.12  miles in 1:27! I so hope I can keep this up, if so I won't just set a new PR next month, I will crush my previous times. I plan to work hard the next few weeks so this can be a possibility.

Hope today wasn't a fluke - 'cause I'm on cloud 9 right now! Here's a recap from MapMyRun


Did you run today? If so, how'd it go?

1 comment:

  1. I love a good run like that; they are the type that really keep us coming back for more! I am sure you will get the PR!

    ReplyDelete