Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 - Year in Review

2012 was a pretty incredible year! In January I made a commitment to getting fit and healthy - for real this time. With a wedding in July, I had finally run out of excuses. Well, it's now December, and I have to say I am happy with what I was able to accomplish. I am in the best physical shape of my life and feel good! Looking forward to setting some new goals in 2013. After all, I have to work off the hundreds of cookies I ate at my mom's house last week on vacation - that might take a while.

The first half the year I really focused on my gym workouts. I was going to Boot Camp twice a week and throwing in some spin classes and doing some more generic workouts with the husband-to-be and brother-in law.

In July I married my best friend and tomorrow we celebrate 6 months of marriage! I was able to fit in my dress with no alterations and a single try on that was 2 months before the big day. Whew.


We had a destination wedding (highly recommended)! We got married on a Carnival Cruise, and then invited our guests to sail away to the Bahamas with us! It was a blast. Seriously, the best.

After the wedding, I decided to refocus my fitness efforts on training for a half marathon. I've never been a runner before, but I found a training plan and got to it. In September I finished my first half marathon - and in November my second!


My sister came to cheer me on for my big day. 


Showing off my race swag after finishing the US Half. 

December has been a great month as well. After the Turkey Day 5K, I saw a post from @RunnersWorld on twitter about a RunStreak that was taking place from Thanksgiving to New Year's. I had never considered anything of the sort, but I thought what a great challenge. I had already knocked out a run on Thanksgiving, so I thought to myself, I can do this. Well, 3 days in I got the flu, so the official runstreak was ruined. When I was back on my feet, I decided to start over. My goal was to run every day in December. I am happy to report that I succeeded. I knocked out 93 miles this month, making it my highest month of mileage ever - and I'm topping off the year at 404 miles. (Check out my dailymile profile to see all my runs).

Hope you accomplished all you set out to do in 2012. Happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment