Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

December Runstreak

After the Turkey Day 5K and a day of cooking, I spent the evening surfing twitter posts and came across the Runner's World Runstreak. A challenge to commit to running at least 1 mile a day from Thanksgiving to Christmas. What a great challenge to keep the holiday pounds away (have I mentioned I have a serious cookie addiction). I haven't tried anything quite like this before and I'm all for trying new things, so here goes.

Well, I made it 3 days before I ended up with the stomach flu. Not cool! Not to mention a totally crappy way to end a 4 day weekend and ruin off my RW runstreak. Damn!

I was sick for 2 days and then took an extra 2 days to let my body completely recover - I think this was a wise idea. I didn't have a proper meal over those 4 days, so I probably wouldn't have made it far without collapsing. So after all this the end of November had arrived...instead of scratching the runstreak, I decided I would adjust the plan and run every day in December. Run at least 1 mile a day for 31 days. Challenge on!

Today is the 6th and so far I'm on track. I went for a run on the 30th, so my streak hit 7 today. This is a new milestone for me, it's small but it feels good. I feel confident that I can make it through the month - and come January who knows...maybe I'll keep it going.

What's your longest runstreak? I've read some blogs and twitter feeds about runners on streaks well over 100 days. Seriously impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment