Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

March Recap + April Goals

Life has been crazy these past few months and is hardly showing any sign of letting up. March was a great month - I missed doing a post about March goals last month, so don't have anything to compare against.

Races
Emerald Across the Bay 12K
Race was on the morning of St. Patrick's Day - couldn't ask for a better spring morning. The course was challenging, but gorgeous.

Canyon Meadow Trail Half Marathon
Signed up for this on a whim. I'd never run on a trail prior to this - but it was amazing. I took my time and enjoyed the experience. Also, this is the longest I've run sans music - it was quite enjoyable.

Run Streak
I hit a huge milestone in my run streak - 100 days! I don't really know where I'm taking this streak, but I ended the month by hitting 122 days. May be time to lock me up, I might be going crazy.

Monthly Mileage
The most miles I've run in a month, ever! 119 miles in 31 days. That averages out to about 3.8 miles a day. Not too shabby

Veggie Monster
A few weekends ago, the hubby and I were watching a documentary about food - this always leads to bad things, right? Anyways, they showed horrible, horrible things that are done to farm animals being raised for food. I cried! And then decided to cut meat out of my life. I decided at minimum, I would challenge myself for 10 days. Well I'm on day 11 and so far, it hasn't been too bad. Actually it's probably easier than I anticipated. I can see myself being about 99% vegetarian - there may be times where I need to indulge in the occasional burger.

April Goals

+ Run 100 miles
+ Add more cross training workouts (I haven't been to boot camp in 5 weeks - my longest hiatus since I started going in the Fall of 2011, yikes!)
+ Continue vegetarian exploration
+ Pump out race recaps for Tough Mudder, Emerald Across the Bay 12K, Canyon Meadow Half Marathon and the upcoming Rock n' Roll SF Half
+ Commit to at least 2 blog posts per week

So many good things to look forward to this month. April is my FAVORITE month - seeing as it's the month of my birth! The hubs and I are also going on our honeymoon (finally)! We are going to Hawaii! SO EXCITED! In the 4.5 years we've been together, this will be our first solo vacation that doesn't include; visiting parents, siblings, friends, families, weddings, holidays.

Looking forward to a great month. More posts coming your way soon!

What are your goals for April? 


No comments:

Post a Comment