Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Caffeine is Calling!

It's that time of day when you need a pick-me-up. For me, that is caffeine...specifically in the form Diet Dr. Pepper. I know, I know....it's so bad for me! But I can't help but love the bubbly goodness. I'm not a coffee or a tea person and I'm not one of those people who need caffeine to function in the morning (that's what my workouts are for).

Over the years I have weened myself off soda significantly, but it's still bad enough that the guy at the liquor store knows me by name....and when I get a sandwich for lunch and don't buy a soda he always says "no diet dr. pepper for you today, Stephanie?" Sigh.

I only have a few sodas a week, but I know that I should kick the habit. I've been reading more and more about "clean eating" lately and I think it's something I want to focus on for the next few months...starting by getting rid of soda and highly processed foods.

I think lent started yesterday and I found a 40-day challenge, I'd be a day off if I sign up now, but maybe getting involved in a challenge is the best way to start. Forty Days of Water

Anyone out there have success with kicking a bad habit? Are you giving up anything for lent?

No comments:

Post a Comment